“Is it normal for one treatment to make my knee pain go away? Because I don’t feel it, it’s gone.” – Cross Country Coach in the East Valley
While patients can and do see results as quickly as 1 visit, we recommend starting with 8 visits over 2-4 weeks to maximize anti-inflammatory effects and nerve growth factor effects. Recommendations for different conditions are detailed below.
ACNC Recommendations for our “Laser Only” packages by condition:
- Acute Concussion– For best results – 10 laser applications (twice per day for 5 days or once per day for 10 days) – schedule ACNC Neurological evaluation and rehab program following acute laser application program
- Parkinson’s– 10 laser applications over 3-5 weeks for initial stabilization period- maintenance recommended at 1x per week or bi weekly ongoing
- Alzheimer’s– 10 laser applications over 3-5 weeks for initial stabilization period- maintenance recommended at 1x per week or bi weekly ongoing
- Gut/Gastrointestinal– 10 laser applications over 3-5 weeks for initial stabilization period- maintenance recommended at 1x per week or bi weekly ongoing
- Insomnia– 8 laser applications (with audio brainwave application)
- Anxiety/Depression– 8 laser applications (audio brainwave application)
- Neck Pain– 8 laser applications (topical antioxidant cream or E-Stim upgrade recommended)
- Shoulder Pain– 8 laser applications (topical antioxidant cream or E-Stim upgrade recommended)
- Low Back Pain– 8 laser applications (topical antioxidant cream or E-Stim upgrade recommended)
- Neuropathy Foot Pain– 10 laser applications (topical antioxidant cream or E-Stim upgrade recommended)
- Knee Pain – 12 laser applications (6 per knee) (topical antioxidant cream or E-Stim upgrade recommended)
- Hand, Elbow Pain– 8 laser applications (topical antioxidant cream or E-Stim upgrade recommended)
Additional Therapies included in a typical office visit
- Topical Cream– Used to promote localized and systemic anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Contains glutathione, the body’s most powerful antioxidant
- Electrical Stimulation– Nerve Rebuilder, EMS, TENS to localized area
- BiNeural Acoustic SoundWave Application- for promoting calming effects, improving energy, increasing focus and attention and providing relaxation to the sound of BrainWave Based raindrops, waves on the beach or nature sounds
What is included in each visit?
- “Laser Only”- Approximately 10 minutes of “laser only” application to the desired or indicated region.
- Additional Upgrades Available
- Each upgrade is recommend because of the synergistic effects of laser application on the brain and body.
- We’ve found the addition of these therapies to significantly enhance the healing and recovery experience
How Laser Works
Laser Therapy can quickly and dramatically reduce acute and chronic pain and improve neurological conditions by:
- reducing inflammation
- reducing free radical production and oxidative stress
- improving blood flow
- enhancing tissue repair
- improving cellular energy production (increasing production of cellular ATP)
- increasing BDNF (Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor)
Laser Therapy has been FDA Cleared for use with Low Back Pain, Neck Pain, Shoulder Pain and Heel/Foot Pain. It has also shown great benefits clinically with:
- Spinal pain
- Acute and chronic concussion symptoms
- Shoulder pain
- Knee pain
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Post-stroke rehab
- Herniated Discs and Sciatica
- Shingles/Herpes Zoster
- Atypical Facial Pain
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- as well as burns, weight loss and many others
When you combine Functional Neurology, Chiropractic, Physiotherapy and Laser Therapy you can knock down the walls of pain and suffering, and begin your journey towards healing. It doesn’t matter if it is a new injury, an old injury or condition, Laser Therapy can help start or accelerate your process of healing, and it can do it naturally without the use of drugs or surgery.
Testimonials and Applications
More about Laser Therapy
Dr. Berry is being presented The 2012-2014 Excellence In Research Award at the 2015 Parker Health Science Convention in Las Vegas for his work on FDA Clearance for Erchonia Low Level Laser Therapy
Many patients have heard about the many beneficial effects of Low Level Laser Therapy (Aka Cold Laser, Therapeutic laser) but are not familiar with what laser therapy is.
What is cold laser?
Laser is light amplification at specific wavelengths that have been scientifically proven to create healing properties in human cells. Like a plant cell uses sunlight for growth and health, human cells have been shown to respond to light in a similar way.
Are all lasers the same?
No. There are heavily researched wavelengths and doses of laser light that have been shown to be the most therapeutic and safest. Research demonstrates that lasers in the range of 630 – 830 nM and doses levels ranging from 0.5 – 10 J/cm2 to be the ideal “sweet spot” for optimal health benefits. This is the reason why the doctors at ACNC only use lasers that meet these specific requirements.
Are lasers safe?
Yes. When used in the ranges mentioned above lasers are one of the safest devices currently used in healthcare. They are non-ionizing, non-thermal, non-invasive, non- toxic applications so you don’t receive any harmful byproducts. When lasers get too powerful they serve a different purpose such as surgical lasers. These are not “cold lasers”. The only tissues that class 2 lasers are contraindicated with are directly onto the retina.
What can lasers help with?
Research has shown lasers to be helpful in almost every tissue of the human body including brain, muscle, bone, cartilage and ligaments. They stimulate nerve function and growth, decrease pain, decrease inflammation, stimulate anti-oxidant pathways, promote wound healing, decrease scar tissue formation, increase blood flow, stimulate new blood flow and speed up recovery time in almost every injury. Lasers have been shown to be safer and more effective than many drugs and surgeries.
Does laser therapy hurt?
No. Cold laser does not give ANY perception. The only sensory perception the patient has is if the laser is used with other modalities like electrical stimulation. What are the differences between lasers and regular red light sources? Although red light does range in the same wavelengths as cold laser, it is just scattered photons of energy that aren’t easily absorbed into the body. Red light therapies like infrared do have some therapeutic value on the surface (like burn healing) but don’t have penetration and downstream tissue effects like parallel, coherent waves from true laser diodes.
Will I receive just laser therapy?
Lasers can either be used as a stand-alone or used in conjunction with other modalities and therapies. Because of our vast scope of therapies and conditions we treat you will receive various treatments based on what your needs and exam findings show. If it is indicated that you only need laser therapy it will be provided by itself.
ARE YOU A CANDIDATE FOR THIS EXCITING NEW TECHNOLOGY? CALL TODAY FOR AN APPOINTMENT, 480-756-2600.