Spinal decompression therapy is a revolutionary, nonsurgical , life-changing technology that is used to primarily treat disc injuries and herniated discs in the neck and lower back.
- herniated and bulging discs
- facet syndrome
- radiating arm pain
- radiating leg pain
- degenerative disc disease
- and more
This effective treatment option consists of decreasing pressure on the spinal discs through distracting (often called traction) and positioning the vertebra to create negative intra-discal pressure (called imbibition). In other words, it creates a pumping effect inside the discs in order to alleviate pressure from the discs and surrounding nerves and to bring nutrients to the disc as well.
The actual treatment of spinal decompression goes like this.
- You lie on the table, either face up or face down (whichever position your doctor has indicated based on what testing revealed)
- You’re gently anchored to the table by a comfortable harness system designed to avoid any sliding during the therapy
- As the machine gently increases tension on the harness (which alternates between different degrees of tension), the vertebrae are gently pulled apart and separated creating this pumping motion by the changes in tension.
- When the tension is higher, it is helping to decrease the pressure on the disc, the nerve root and also helps to take pressure off the neighboring nerve root (that goes to the arm or the leg)
There are numerous benefits of spinal decompression which is why this treatment has grown in demand. The cycles of decompression and partial relaxation that occur microscopically in this treatment can cause results that are quite dramatic. Over a series of visits to the clinic, the torn and degenerated disc fibers can begin to heal as water, oxygen, and nutrient-rich fluids outside the discs are diffused within through the pumping motion.
To find out more about the benefits of nonsurgical spinal decompression, contact us at our office 480-756-2600 www.azchironeuro.com